DISSOLVED AIR FLOTATION
In our Dissolved Air Flotation units very fine air bubbles will attach themselves to separable particles making them float to the surface where they will automatically be removed. The aeration system, which is build onto the units, consists of an optimized recirculation system and non clogging aeration headers. The type and model selection will depend on the type of waste water, solid loading and hydraulic capacity.
Flotation unit with dissolved air to accelerate the separation of water and suspended solids. Compact and simple to use, the Alfa series make it possible to recover floated and settling particles and at the same time produce a floating sludge layer with high content of dry matter. The ALPHA flotation units is a specially designed open unit to treat highly polluted wastewater and remove large amounts of sludge from the waste water. The ALPHA units are very suitable as a pre‐treatment step for removal of the suspended solids, fats, oil, grease and other floating materials in the waste water. In combination with coagulation/flocculation the ALPHA unit can achieve a high rate of purification in wastewater including the removal of colloidal matter. Because of its flexible design the ALPHA Unit can also be used as sludge thickener, oil separator, tertiary treatment, and even others.
- Very suitable for highly polluted wastewater
- Stainless steel construction
- Skimmer with static sludge thickener which results in a high dry solids load of the floating sludge.
- Equipped with a unique self‐cleaning aeration system to prevent clogging
- Designed to achieve a complete laminar flow through the unit, this way optimal separation of the particles takes place
- Large free surface area for effective solid removal
- Easy in maintenance.
- Low cost maintenance
- Recovery of solids on the surface and of the bottom of the flotation unit
- Possible use of additives (coagulation and/or flocculation)
- ALPHA units can be transported in standard sea container